Most Saturday lunchtimes, I whizz a can of Homepride Cook-in Curry Sauce in the blender (I like the taste of raisins in the sauce, but not the texture), cut a couple of skinless chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks, seal them in olive oil, drain and then add the curry sauce. Leave to cook for about 30 minutes. Serve with Basmati rice cooked in the microwave and peas, microwaved while the rice is draining. Makes a quick tasty curry that I can leave to cook itself while I get on with something more interesting. Not an authentic curry, but what is an authentic curry in the west? Apparently the curries we eat are westernised for our tastes in the same way that Chinese meals are.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK