Happy to Cearbhael.

Basic Meat Curry (Beef, Lamb, Pork or Chicken)

1 kg lean meat or chicken
250g onions
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp coriander
1 tsp ginger
2 tsp chilli
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp poppy seeds (Optional)
120g ghee
salt to taste
2 bay laves
150ml yoghurt OR 3 tomatoes (quartered)
1 tsp garam masala.

Wash dry and cut meat into 1 inch cubes or joint the chicken.

Slice the onions and grind the garlic to a paste.  Add to the paste 1
dsp of water and mix in the turmeric, cumin, coriander, ginger, chilli
and paprika powders.  If poppy seeds are used, they should be ground
and added to the paste.

Heat the ghee and fry the onions golden brown.  Lower heat, add the
paste and fry for 3 or 4 minutes, stirring all the time.  Add the meat
and salt and increase the heat.  Fry for 5 minutes.

Add the bay leaves and yoghurt OR tomatoes, mix thoroughly, cover and
simmer until the meat is almost tender.  Add garam masala and fry for
2 or 3 minutes.  Cover and simmer until ready.

If the liquid dries up while cooking, add hot water, 2 tablespoons at a time.

Stir often so that the curry does not stick to the pan.

Serve with rice or bread.  Serves 4 - 6.

I prefer to use diced lamb rather than beef or pork.  Start off with ½
tsp chilli powder unless you like a really hot curry - you can always
add more but you can't take it away!  I use minced garlic in the jars
( about 4 heaped tsp - I love garlic!) rather than grinding the garlic
to a paste, and I also use about 1 tsp of salt.  I don't use poppy
seeds, and I use tomatoes rather than yoghurt.  A 400g can of crushed
tomatoes works well.  I also cook it in the electric frypan rather
than on top of the stove.

Enjoy!

Helen.

Oh my...care to share the recipe??

Cearbhael

The curry I make, uses onions, garlic, turmeric, cumin, coriander,
ginger, chilli, paprika, ghee, salt, bay leaves,garam masala, tomatoes
(or yoghurt), as well as meat or chicken.  REALLY tasty!!

Helen.