Dear Spiders -

We are in the midst of a scare at our home and I thought I would share it in
the hopes it not happen to another pet-owning family.  My 8 year old Boston
Terrier is very sick from poisoning by Hydrangeas, a cyanide containing plant.
Two days ago, the cleaning lady decided that the silver pitcher of dried
Hydrangea flowers in my dining room needed to be polished and in removing the
flowers, scattered a fair amount of dried petals.  Before she could sweep them
up, my extremely oral doggie lapped up a few of them.

Luckily, he did not ingest any flower bud or leaves as we would have lost him.
However, he is still very ill with extreme nausea.  He is listless and I have
to stand over him to make him drink anything.  We have hopes that he will pull
through but it is not yet certain.  He was on a saline drip and medication at
the vets but she let me bring him home so that he could be in familiar
surroundings.

Please, add Hydrangeas to your list of dangerous indoor flowers.  I shudder to
think of what might have happened to a human toddler!

May your threads never tangle,
Cindy

Cindy Hutton
Norfolk, Virginia  USA