Cindy wrote:

<Please, add Hydrangeas to your list of dangerous indoor flowers. I shudder to
think of what might have happened to a human toddler!>

I got a book on poisonous plants back in the early 1970s mainly because the owner of the stables where we kept our horses wasn't very good at controlling weeds (being plants growing where they shouldn't). Apart from too many buttercups in hay and ragwort in fields, part of the grounds had been a garden, and many garden plants are poisonous to horses and/or cattle. Different parts of plants at different stages of ripeness can be poisonous.

Many plants can be poisonous to any one or more of cats, dogs, humans, horses, cows, etc, so whereever we'd lived since then I've always dug up and burnt any which are likely to cause problems.

I prefer plants to be living, so I don't have cut flowers - prefer silk ones indoors for decoration.

Hope your dog gets better soon.

Jean in Poole