My favourite is Faberware, mostly accumulated piece-by-piece, rahter than in sets. Similiar construction to Revereware -- ie stainless steel, with a "sandwich" bottom for better heat dispersal -- but the bottom is is not copper on the outside, which means I don't have to worry too much about how it *looks*. The stainless steel inside means that you can do all kinds of things to it -- scouring-wise-- even if you forget you've got something cooking and it burns. Neither the enameled nor the teflon-coated pots and pans are as safe for that.

But no decent pots/pans are cheap any more. Amazon might be a place to check; it's amazing how much cookware and small appliances they now carry.

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/