I am suffering from aches and pains and think that buying a new mattress
might help. I need one oriented toward the aging body, and in my case, the
"heavy sleeper" by which I mean not a deep sleeper but a sleeper who weighs a
lot.
My leg has been very sore and cramping due to other orthopedic/health  issues
and I think a new mattress might help.

What mattresses do people like? One friend highly recommends the
Tempurpedic, saying it has helped her and her husband, in their seventies and
eighties
to sleep very well. There is the sleep number bed, which seems a little
gimmicky to me. There is the Hampton Inn bed which I have found very
comfortable
and which Hilton Hotels is kindly offering for sale. Then there is the
alternative of going to the chain store Sleepy's where we bought my daughter a
Simmons Beautyrest Shakespeare Collection mattress and box spring which  seems
quite
comfortable, but I might treat myself to the next one up in the  heirarchy,
which seems to have an actual pillow/comforter attached to the top of  it for
added softness. Then there is the question of whether mattresses with  "memory
foam" are good or not. The friend with the Tempurpedic with memory foam
recommends it.

I am still grateful for all the cooking pot advice I received. My daughter
is cooking up a storm and saving money by not eating out. Now she brings me
cookies and cupcakes all the time.

Devon
in New Jersey