On 11/29/07 8:48 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I need one oriented toward the aging body, and in my
case, the "heavy sleeper" by which I mean not a deep
sleeper but a sleeper who weighs a  lot. My leg has been
very sore and cramping due to other orthopedic/health
issues and I think a new mattress might help.

My bad leg liked my sister's spare bed, which had one of
those "egg crate" foam pads on it.

So I went shopping, but Walmart didn't have egg crate in my
bed's size, so I bought flat foam that had been cut into
squares, which claimed to be much better, but it helped very
little and complicated bed-making, so I rolled it up and put
it away.  But I've twice used it, folded in half, to pad a
plywood bunk while attending a workshop.  And felt very smug
as I heard the vacuum-cleaner whine of people re-inflating
their air mattresses every night!

One thing that helps a lot is a bunch of hard pillows made
by stuffing two old, flat pillows into one case. I use them to elevate various body parts and take the weight off my hip.

--
Joy Beeson
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/