On May 19, 2008, at 23:03, Martha Krieg wrote:

[...] when my husband lived in a rooming house in college, his housemate had taken a road sign

Reminds me of my one venture into larceny :) At almost 19, I stole a metal board off a train-carriage. It said: London-Hoek van Holland-Warsaw, with a few other stops in between. This was my first solo trip abroad and I wanted a "meaningful souvenir"... Sweated it all the way to Warsaw through customs checks (the board just fit in my suitcase) and decided that being honest was its own virtue :)

The thing used to hang on the wall in my room till I left Poland four years later; I wasn't up for going through the same customs-horrors all the way to US, so didn't bring it with me. When I went back, a year later, it was gone; I guess my parents were embarassed by the evidence of their inadequae parenting skils...

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/