From what I understand from my service provider's blurb, each service
provider has an agreement with one or more other service provider(s) in other countries through which international calls are routed. So you'd need to find a provider in Europe which has an agreement with a provider in the USA.

On my mobile I can call a 31 other countries, including Australia, but not the USA. If I go to any of those countries I can pay a 75p connection fee for each call and then my normal call rate per minute applies until my prepayment runs out.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK