On Jan 20, 2009, at 10:28, Agnes Boddington wrote:

I am very bad at yards!

You and me both :) I've been here for 35yr and I still think in metric... Brought with me from Poland scales which weigh in grams and kilos, every thermometer in the house has both Celsius and Farenheit, and every measuring cup, tailor's tape and ruler has markings for both "the metric and the weird".

How many meters is that?

1yard=3feet=36inches=90cm

It's easiest to remember that a foot is 30cm and that there are three of them in every yard. So, Sue's "5yds" is 30x3x5. That is, 450cm or 4.5meters
--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/