Had a true story to pass on.

A couple weeks before Sweet Briar, we heard some strange noises in the wall,
then my cats started catching half size mice.  At the time I left, I think the
count was at seven.

After Sweet Briar, when I contacted my husband by email from the motel, this is
the story I got back.  The cats are Andy and Bernie. (PS -- Bernie is a bit of
a coward at times.)

The night you left the cats awakened me with noises from the kitchen. I
hollered at them.  After hearing more noises, I got up to see what was
going on.  I saw a mouse run across the floor with a cat after it.  I
figured the cats could handle the mouse better than I could and went
back to bed.  When I awoke the next morning there were no cats on the
bed.  I found them in the kitchen staring at the garbage can.  I pulled
out the onion sack and thought I saw something move. I pulled out the
garbage can and Bernie ran for the  dining room doorway.  I picked up
the cat feeder and a mouse ran behind the stove.  Andy ran for the
other side of the stove while I pulled out the drawer under the stove.
I ran and grabbed Bernie and pointed him towards the drawer opening.
Bernie dashed in and came out with a mouse in his mouth.  He
disappeared into the dining room. A bit later, I found the dead mouse in front
of the piano.  The
next night another dead mouse.  The third night I heard something
fall.  When I got up I found the timer on the floor.  The knob and face
was gone.  Another dead mouse was found.  No more mice have been found
since.  Two days after finding the broken timer, the knob and face
appeared in the wash room doorway.  Everything back to normal routine.

Postnote -- DH reported that one of the mice was larger than the rest of them,
so I have hopes that they caught the adult mouse and got rid of the whole
bunch.  This is the first time in 35 years that we have had any mice.  None of
our other cats ever had a chance to catch a mouse.

Just thought you might enjoy a story that made me laugh when I read it.

Alice in Oregon -- facing a mountain of laundry after being gone two weeks.