I found this recipe on a blog: http://www.acommonplacelife.com/ and it
sounds delicious, so I'm sharing it here <G>.

Could someone bilingual (US/UK) please tell me

a) what is UK for all-purpose flour, and how much does 4.5 cups weigh?
b) what is the weight of 2 cups of brown sugar (I'm guessing dark soft brown
rather than demerara),
c) and of 1.5 cups of butter,
d) and of 0.5 cup of molasses (would black treacle be equivalent)?

I expect the 375 degrees are Fahrenheit, so I'd use 190 degrees Centigrade.

Thanks in advance,
Margery.

Ginger Molasses Cookies

Ingredients

4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
4 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup molasses
granulated sugar for rolling

Method

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Sift together flour, salt, spices and baking soda and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs one at a time and
beat until well blended. Add molasses.
Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Drop rounded tablespoons of dough into sugar to coat.
Place on parchment-lined baking sheet about 2" apart.
Bake approximately 11 minutes or until slightly puffed and cracked on the
surface.
Cool on wire rack.