I have just completed my first christmas piece for 2010, like what I see in my newest little design, colour choice and bangle used, but am a bit dissappointed with the plaited hanging loop. I worked the piece from the bottom up, attaching the first two threads to the bangle and then at the other end I left the last 8 pairs at the point hooked it through the bangle again, then used each pair as a single bobbin. I made up two plaits which I then knotted together at the top. What I have is a rather twisted hanging loop. When suspending it up it will hang reasonably well, because of the weight of the bangle pulls it about straight. I am considering hanging it to see if it falls straighter with time, do any of you very experienced lacemakers have any advice on making it lay straight. I have uploaded a picture of the plait which shows it better than I have explained it. It is in the folder called Hurwitzend. Any advice please.

Sue T Dorset, UK
Bobbin Lace and Glass engravings
http://www.hurwitzend.co.uk