Boy, am I chuffed. After a very long search last year looking for a particular type of tomato plant (which I did eventually find in a grocery shop of all places) I decided that this year I would grow my own from last years seeds. I have never done this before so a quick search on the internet told me how to go about it. You've gotta love the internet :) Anyway, I learned that it's quite a process, you have to ferment the seeds! It's only after the seeds are nice and mouldy that you rinse them off and then put them in your fridge (not the freezer). Last week I planted all the seeds and every one of them has sprouted :) I have dozens,I think everyone I know will be receiving tomato plants :) But that isn't all, after the first two days of sprouting I was horrified to see mould growing on all the little plants. I dashed out to the local garden centre to see what I could do about it. Apparently all products for "damping off" have been removed from the market, but the woman did give me one tip ..sprinkle the plants with cinnamon. It works! My next problem will be to figure out where I'm going to put all these plants when I have to re-pot them in a week or two. It's been an adventure, after this I don't think I'll ever buy seeds again. Of course this only works for "heritage" plants, apparently it can't be done with the hybrids. Sharon, a new seed enthusiast on Vancouver Island