One of my eyes was blind entirely after a flaw in my retina
filled it up with blood.  I had emergency appointments with
three different doctors("come prepared to go on"); the third
welded it, and now I don't even have to have it inspected
twice a year; my current ophthalmologist regards it as an
old scar of not much interest.

It took a long time for the floaters to go away, but they
went.  It was interesting because I'd been *very* right-eyed
and couldn't break the habit of putting telescopes and
magnifying glasses to the blind eye!

Experiment with different kinds of light; some find that
bright light that constricts the pupils helps, some find
that dim light to open up the pupils helps you see around
the floaters.  Different "temperatures" of light matter.
(Sometimes light is measured by the temperature of the black
body that would emit light of that color.)

I see best in natural light, but bright incandescent will
do.  I find CFL light impossible; for some reason, no matter
how bright it is, it just won't focus and I can't even read
a newspaper that I can read easily in the dim light of sunset.

I once heard of someone who can see sharply only in
monochromic green light.  I presume that his eyes have
chromatic aberration, and green is the color to which human
eyes are most sensitive.  Sometimes I prefer red light, but
filtered incandescent will do -- lucky, because LEDs in
colors other than blue-white and mock-white are impossible
to find.

I get a lot of use out of plain old dollar-store reading
glasses, strength 3.5, which I wear over my prescription glasses
--
Joy Beeson
http://www.debeeson.net/joy