David,We love the Sante Fe area and did think of retiring to that area but
when we went house hunting in January, we were caught in a snow storm and for
a while it was a bit hairy. We couldn't see the trail we were driving on.
 But as our realtor said, if it snows in the morning it is gone by lunch.
That was the case, and it was back to teeshirts instead of jackets.  We are
used to driving in snow as we lived in Illinois for over 25 years with bad
winters, hence the reason we moved to southern California.  Only had a
smattering of snow here, except on the mountains.
Sue is right, there are many things to see around Taos including native Indian
reservations, and when we were on a tour of the area years before, we visited
the church in Chimayo and also an Indian rug weaver who has rugs in the
Smithsonian in Washington DC.  Santa Fe downtown is small and pedestrian so
very pleasant to walk around.  There is also a church that was featured in a
John Wayne movie that has a circular staircase with an unusual history.  Lots
of artists live and work in Sante Fe because of the light but it can be a bit
expensive to live there.Janice Janice Blair Murrieta, CA, jblace.com

    On Monday, March 5, 2018 8:01 AM, Sue Babbs <suebabbs...@gmail.com>