"Oh, what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!
A Palmer too!-no wonder why
I felt rebuked beneath his eye:
I might have known there was but one
Whose look could quell Lord Marmion."

Extract from "Marmion" by Sir Walter SCOTT
Canto Sixth - The Battle


Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 10:45:57 +0200
From: "Jeanette Fischer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I love quotations related to lace and thought it might be interesting.  My
favourite still is " Oh, what tangled webs we weave when first we try to
deceived."  I think he was watching a lacemaker trying to cheat her way out
of trouble!!


Regards,  Ann McClean
in Llanmerewig, Mid-Wales, U.K.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Still searching for the ever-elusive Walter SCOTT
Bn 6 Oct 1867 - Disappeared about 1903 - HAVE you come across him?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CAWTHORN, SCOTT, & DeSILVA PALMER Family History Pages:
http://www.annmcclean.co.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to