David


Subject: NOAH BUILDS A NEW ARK (or not)


In the year 2006, the Lord came upon Noah,who was now living in Wales,and
said,"Once again,the earth has become wicked and overpopulated,and I see the
end  of all flesh before me.Build another Ark and save 2 of every living
thing,along  with a few good humans"

He gave Noah the drawings,saying "You have 6 months to build the Ark before
I will start unending rains for 40 days and nights"

Six months later,the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his yard -
but
no Ark.

"Noah!" he roared,"I am about to start the rain! Where is the Ark?"

"Forgive me Lord," begged Noah,but things have changed,I needed Building
Regulations approved because the Ark was over 30 metres.I have been arguing
with
the Fire Bigade about the need for a sprinkler system.My neighbours claim
that I  should have obtained planning permission prior to building the Ark
in my
garden,because it is development of the site,even though in my view,it is a
temporary srtucture,but the roof is too high.I had to appeal to the
Secretary
of  State for  Decision'

The Local Area Access Group complained that my ramp was going to be too
steep and the inside of the Ark wasn't fully accessible.Then the Department
of
Transpory demanded a bond be posted for the future costs of moving power
lines
and overhead obstructions,to clear the passage for the Ark's move to the
sea.I
 told them that the sea would be coming to us,but they would hear nothingof
it.

Getting the wood was another problem.All decent trees have preservation
orders on them and we live in a site of special scientific interest,set up
in
order to protect the spotted owl.I tried to convince the enviromentalists
that I
needed wood to savethe owls - but no go!

When I started gathering the animals,thr vRSPCA sued me.They insisted that
I
was confining wild animals against their will.They argued that the
accomodation was too restrictive and it was cruel and inhumane to put so
many  animals
in a confined space.

Then the County Council,the Enviroment Agency and the Rivers Authority
ruled
that I couln't build the Ark until they'd conducted an envirimental impact
study on your propsed flood.I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the
Equal Oppoertunities Commission on how many BME's I'm supposed to hire for
my
building team.

The Trades Unions say I can't use my sons.They insistI have to hire only
CSCS accredited workers with Ark building experience.To make matters
worse,Customs ans Excise seized all my assets,claiming I'm trying to leave
the  Country
illegally with endangered species.

So,forgive me Lord,but it would take at least 10 years for me to finish
this
Ark.

Suddenly the skies cleared,the sun began to shine,and a rainbow streched
accross the sky.Noah looked up in wonder and asked"You mean you're not going
to
destroy the world"?

"No" said the Lord."The Government already beat me to it"

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to