Yes, I know the poem. As a child, it was just silly to me....Why would anyone try to eat peas with a knife? <G> It made a funny picture in my head.
Question: What kind of 'peas' are used for mushy peas? I know someone named a variety, but that meant nothing to me. The term 'peas' is used both for the little green spheres of the Pea plant, and for some small dried beans, such as Black Eyed Peas. I also recently found some Purple Hulled Peas that were little dried beans. I can see a bean-like pea becoming mushy when cooked, but still be quite thick. It would be like the refried-beans we have in the Mexican food section of the supermarket. If mushy peas are like that, then I can understand what is being referred to. Am I on the right track here? Alice in Oregon -- cool but dry, at the moment --- Webwalker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > When I was a child, among the poems I learned was > > "I eat my peas with honey > I've done it all my life > It makes the peas taste funny, > But it keeps them on my knife." > > Anybody else know this poem -- any basis in fact? To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
