I just say that I never respond to telephoned solicitations. I haven't had to say it in *months*; it works regardless of whether or not the caller is immune to the National Phone-Spam is Acceptable But You Can Opt Out List.

If someone persists, I also boycott the product -- I do buy Reynold's waxed paper because it's the only brand left on the market, but it's been at least twenty years since Reynold's tried to sell me aluminum siding. I still don't buy Reynold's Wrap.

The script stepped right into that one:

Solicitor:  "You've heard of Reynold's Wrap, haven't you?"
Me: "Yes, it's the aluminum foil I won't buy on account of these harassing phone calls."
Solicitor:  [twenty years of silence.]

--
Joy Beeson
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/
http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/
http://n3f.home.comcast.net/ -- Writers' Exchange
http://www.timeswrsw.com/craig/cam/ (local weather)
west of Fort Wayne, Indiana, U.S.A.
where goslings graze on the grass.

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to