I figured the rest of the "Little Willy" rhymes had to be on
the Web somewhere.  Whereupon I discovered that "Sue
Veneer", "Little Willy", and "Japalac" are all performers
with lotsa fans -- and Glidden is still making Japalac.

But "poke poor wilily" turned up a large number of
disgusting and badly-written rhymes, and the information
that the original rhyme that Elizabeth quoted was in
"Ruthless Rhymes for Heartless Homes" by Harry Graham
(1874-1936).

It also turned up a set of poetry-writing lessons that
includes definitions of the rondel, the sonnet, and the
"Little Willy"

--
Joy Beeson
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/
http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/
http://n3f.home.comcast.net/ -- Writers' Exchange
http://www.timeswrsw.com/craig/cam/ (local weather)
west of Fort Wayne, Indiana, U.S.A.
where we got 5.5 inches of rain Wednesday night.
The plants loved it, the fire I baked a pizza on didn't.
(All the wood was wet.)

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to