I recently asked my computer guru the same question, on behalf of a small
local museum.  The two recommended facilities were flickr
(http://www.flickr.com) and Picasa Web Albums
(www.picasaweb.google.com/home). 

flickr looks right for my purposes; you might find these worth a look for
yourself (or your cousin).  They seem to offer plenty of privacy protection,
and look fairly simple to use.

Carolyn


Carolyn Hastings
Stow, MA USA


  
> ----- Original Message -----
> > Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 16:35:42 -0700
> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: [lace-chat] Photo-sharing Question
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have been asked a question by a cousin that I am not sure how to
> answer -
> as a Mac person, I know what I would use but I don't know about PC-type
> people.  I am really hoping that the collective power of the list can
> provide
> an answer (or ideally some options).  Oh, and in case it makes a
> difference to
> the answer, he lives in the UK.
> >
> > His question is: "We are keen to set up a web site where we can
> upload
> photos etc for invited people to view. Could you point us in the right
> direction?"
> >
> > I think the key bit is 'invited people' so please ensure that such a
> privacy
> mechanism is available for any suggestions you may have.  From my
> perspective,
> knowing what a bunch of Luddites my family (and therefore his) is, it
> also
> needs to be easy to a) set up, and b) use.
> >
> > Over to all you knowledgeable people :-)
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Helen (in overcast Vancouver, BC on the west coast of mainland
> Canada)
> >
> > To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the
> line:
> > unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> 
> --
> I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
> It has removed 679 spam emails to date.
> Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
> Get the free SPAMfighter here: http://www.spamfighter.com/len
> 
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
> unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to