Dear Friends,
just had to tell someone but last night I had a real blonde moment of my own.

You see, here in Ballarat, we are getting desparately short of water (about 7% of storage capacity now) and the local council has been very efficient in sending each household monthly statements detailing how much water the house is using. Well, this week they sent their final one and outlined how we can keep ongoing records for ourselves.

I thought I'd give it a go as I've been keeping rainfall and weather stats for some 6 years now. So for the past 3 nights dutifully at midnight I crept out in the fog and frost and read my meter. When it hadn't moved at all after these 3 days, I was seriously thinking of phoning the Water Board to report a fault - must admit I even thought of NOT phoning them and getting no more water bills.

But thought I'd better make a thorough check in broad daylight before doing so. To my horror and disgust I discovered I'd been reading the meter upside down!!!!!!!!! - just like that blonde who asked for the 710 service on her car only to find that she'd read the OIL cap upside down. No wonder the last 3 digits remained at 000.

I've got it right now and the graph should progress nicely LOL

David in Ballarat

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to