Hello Jacquie and other UK teachers

I did the whole shebang of secondary school teaching, adult ed, community ed, college teaching, supply etc. etc. Now I work strictly on a self-employed basis as an English and foreign language teacher/interpreter/translator etc. Tomorrow I am starting a teaching programme beginners German for hospitality staff on P&O ferries in Hull. As the contract is via Hull College, I had to join IfL anyway, and apparently needed another CRB check too @ £36.00, even though these learners are all over 18. I was checked last year, as I coach youngster from the
local comprehensive for their GCSEs, but that does not count.
I looked through the bumpf and decided to join but that's it as it is free (for now the government is picking up the cost for teachers, so it may be free for you too). No-one can make me do any more training;my brain cannot take no more. If the College does not like that, they can shove their job somewhere or other dark. My earlier email today was about government gobbledygook, and this is just more of it.

Agnes Boddington - Elloughton UK
www.sixpennybobbins.co.uk


[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

This is a post aimed at the UK arachnes who still teach for a Local Education Authority rather than privately. I have finally enrolled with the compulsory IfL scheme and at a first read through and look at REfLECT, it seems make a considerable amount more navel

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to