If you look up cut and pierced lamp shades on the internet there are several companies selling it.

I'm sure I have seen it at Upper Canada Village (museum village set in the era of 1867). It let a little more light through and made the lamp shade attractive too. I have also seen recent kits to make them, but don't remember exactly where - perhaps at the museum or through an adult education class.

Malvary in Ottawa, Canada

----- Original Message ----- From: "Webwalker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

There is no "cut out" - the paper of which the shade is made was not removed,
but bent in slightly at the cuts to allow the light to travel thru
differently to show off the handiwork.

Does anyone know the proper name for this technique? Or have any additional clues about it?

Susan Webster

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to