We have a few of big birthdays coming up this year:
Mike will be 65 in March, and is waiting for the pension people to contact him; his brother will be 70, and his wife was 60 this week; my little sister will be 50 next week .... and I ....
I am still 41!
When I turned 40, I told everyone that I would only take part in this yearly ritual once every ten years. So in 1991 I turned 40, in 2001 I turned 41 and will continue so until 2011, when unfortunately, I will have to turn 42, and by 2031 both my children will be older than I. My mother, who just turned 88, does not get this at all, and tells me that I cannot be younger than my youngest sister. My reply: her problem, not mine.
I do require "non-birthday" presents though in the intervening years.

Agnes Boddington - Elloughton UK

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to