Hi?Jacquie,
? Funny you should mention this....? I just happened to have a conversation with one of my doctors last week about exercise.? I said I like walking outdoors but it has been too cold so I haven't been walking/exercising very much lately.? He suggested walking in the mall.? I said I have heard of walking groups doing this, but I like to walk briskly and there are too many "distractions" <g> in the mall.? Besides his admonition to leave money and credit cards at home, he said it was fine to walk slower and "window shop"....better in fact for burning fat.? He said you just need to?spend a bit more time at it.? He said to notice how long distance runners tend to be thin and lean, while sprinters tend to be larger and bulkier.? So....sounds like it's true! ? Vicki in chilly Maryland, USA ? ---Original Message----- From: [email protected] To: [email protected] Sent: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 2:49 pm Subject: [lace-chat] Is this true? I read this on a blog, but it seems too good to be true "The faster you walk, the more momentum you have to carry you forward. The slower you walk, the more your own body is responsible for the force that carries your weight forward. So, walk slower....or jog to burn more calories." What do you all think? Is it just wishful thinking? Jacquie To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line: unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to [email protected]. To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line: unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to [email protected].
