The manager of a large office noticed a new man one day and told him
to come into his office. "What's your name?" he asked the new guy.
"John," the new guy replied.
The manager scowled, "Look... I don't know what kind of a namby-
pamby place you worked before, but I don't call anyone by their first
name. It breeds familiarity and that leads to a breakdown in
authority. I refer to my employees by their last name only... Smith,
Jones, Baker... That's all. I am to be referred to only as Mr.
Robertson. Now that we got that straight, what is your last name?"
The new guy sighed, "Darling. My name is John Darling."
"Okay, John, the next thing I want to tell you is..."
David in Ballarat
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].