Hate to write again (previously off list) but if it has bubbles or various
raised shapes), it would pretty much have to be pique.  
It was a typical summer repertoire and the raised shapes would vary, but was
typically liked because it was lovely for summer sheaths.  It often was seen
in white and up to medium shades in what one may call summer pastels.  Of
course there was navy and black and, etc., and It very much resembled
embossing.
The only other with raised dots that comes to mind is dotted swiss, and they
appear as flocking, and were typically used for little girls dressier summer
attire.  I am certain you are all familiar with that, and that is not what you
are describing.
My background and education is fashion design, and though my brain is a bit
older now, I cannot think of another thing, unless there is something obscure.
 Nowadays when you go to the fabric store and ask for taffeta or poplin, they
look at you like you are speaking Japanese.  Only one women in my local store
knows what I am talking about when I ask where the cheesecloth is, or request
boning.  Pique had popular use preceding, through, and post, the 60's, when
women were still wearing hats and occasionally white gloves, and streamlines
pique dresses came after those 50's fitted bodies and full skirts that often
required can-cans.  
There are some lovely things of that era, and I miss the dressing up.  To go
to a concert or the theatre and see plaid shirts and khakis is sad to me.
 Affordable and easy care dressing, but if we pushed it back to dressier, then
perhaps lace would enjoy even more of a resurgence!  <G> 
Best,Susan Reishuswww.SusanReishusDesigns.com

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to