Before we married we used to go to the new local night club (Ceasars Palace)
and dressed in elegant or pretty dresses and for several years going to a
party meant getting dressed up, rather than jeans and trainers. It felt
nice and we enjoyed those times.
I didn't know about hand made bobbin lace then just crochet, but I did used
to make lots of clothing with lace material over to top of same or
contrasting colour lining fabrics. I have always loved lace.
Sue T, Dorset UK
There are some lovely things of that era, and I miss the dressing up. To
go
to a concert or the theatre and see plaid shirts and khakis is sad to me.
Affordable and easy care dressing, but if we pushed it back to dressier,
then
perhaps lace would enjoy even more of a resurgence! <G>
Best,Susan Reishuswww.SusanReishusDesigns.com
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].