I think if  I walked into my local grocery store and asked for a leg of lamb
with the bone in they'd look at me like I was talking in a foreign language
:-)  I'm not sure I can remember the last time I saw bone in a roast.  Most
of the 'roasts' are boneless.

There's bone-in ham, and the usual chicken sections (wings, things,
drumsticks and occasionally breast), ribs, some steak cuts, and pork/lamb
chops, but to get a roast with the bone in is hard to find.

I remember having an argument with a butcher in my grocery store one time in
Denver over the quality of the steaks.  I complained that they were all too
marbled and fatty, and he said they were the best because the more marbled
they were the more flavourful they were.  I snorted and said that Australian
beef (and other countries like the UK and NZ) had the leanest, most
flavourful meat in the world and that fat isn't flavor.  He didn't think
much of me turning my nose up at his meat :-)

You guys have me salivating now, and I'll start wanting a big old slab of
roast beef with roast veg, Yorkshire pudding, horseradish and gravy :-)

Helen, in Duvall, WA, with a Chile Verde with pork simmering in the crockpot
for dinner.

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to