Two of my kids have worked in a local pub where meals are served. I asked my
daughter the other day did they cook from fresh and the reply was that
salads and chips were made fresh, the rest was pre-cooked, chilled food that
went in the microwave. I suppose if you want a cheap meal in a short time
scale that's OK. I've had reasonable meals there and they seem to do quite
well. I think it's the same for most large pub chains in the UK. I know one
pub near Bath that I'd had a great meal in so when my brother took me out to
his local (same chain with identical menu!) for a meal in Leicester I had
the same meal. However, the veg were still mostly frozen and the salmon was
raw one end and burnt the other! He kept saying how marvellous the food was
so I kept quiet. If I'd been paying I would have sent it back and/or refused
to pay! It can be very hit and miss. For those with an allergy these places
are best avoided as there's no way the staff (including the 'chef') will
have any idea what's actually in the meal they are serving.

Lynne

Baldock, North Herts, UK
[email protected]

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to