Yesterday I bought (with a nice gift certificate that was burning a hole in my pocket) a wonderful garlic press/slicer. It is a "Martha Stewart" product and was very pricey IMO ($18) but it has two little chambers for handling the garlic. The press works much better than my prior model (which went into the "get-rid-of" box this morning) but the slicer is phenomenal - it slices a clove into 1/16th inch slices which all hang together on the bottom, so that one could grab them and slice in another direction on a cutting board if one wanted chips. Its possible it could be reinserted into the slicer for an additional (julienne) cut - I didn't try that as I was happy with the slices. (Unfortunately the soup I made yesterday afternoon has a bit too much garlic in it.)

Susan Webster
Canton, Ohio

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to