What a bummer to have to move when you didn't plan on it, but what nice 
surprises are in store as you go through all your stuff.  Maybe we should all 
be 
put in this position every now and again.  We are considering moving when DH 
retires, downsizing, but I just keep putting off doing all the chucking out of 
the junk we have accumulated living here for 20 years.  We always moved every 3 
years in our early married life and got rid of stuff as we went along.  It is 
amazing how much we have collected.  Last weekend my DH asked me how many 
pillows I had and I replied - not enough.  I know there are probably 10 at 
least, but I never seem to have the right type available even though I usually 
try to finish the laces I started.  I do have excuses, one is my demo pillow 
with a French lace on it, another has a buckspoint edging I designed for a 
class 
and I intend to do some more, a third has my Lester cuff that I started at 
convention this year.  I am just past the halfway point on that.  Luckily, my 
needlelace is kept in just one small bag so that doesn't take up much room.
Janice
 Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org




________________________________
From: Carol <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tue, September 20, 2011 4:34:50 PM
Subject: [lace-chat] Moving House - and Great Discoveries ...

Hi All,

I have had an exhausting day - and it looks like the same tomorrow - and
probably up till the 30th September ...

This is because I am moving house on 30th September, as my present Landlord
wishes to sell his property, so I am struggling with trying to sort out all
the things which I can throw away, and what I have to keep, so everything in
boxes and parcels which has languished for two years in this property is being
examined.    Needless to say, I am getting sidetracked - I had a good cry over
all the condolendce cards from when my beloved husband passed away two years
ago, so they can't possibly be discarded.    But - after lace, my favourite
hobby is collecting stationery, which includes pencil boxes old and new,
writing equipment, and anyhting which can even remotely be connected to
stationery, so that has been quite an eye-opener.    Just how many pencil
boxes filled with an assortment of writing equipment, pencil sharpeners,
erasers, tippex correctors etc can one person ant?   Again, these can't
possibly be thrown out with the garbage.

The best thing though, has been the amount of lace equipment which has come to
light, and which I had forgotten about!    Even bobbins, threads and bobbin
boxes/cases - not to mention a couple of pillows which had been stuffed to the
back of the understairs cupboard, as well as enough jute bags to carry a
year's shopping in!    I am sure it just proves that every cloud has a silver
lining ...

What will I find tomorrow?

Carol - Suffolk UK
'Deliver us, Lord, from every evil, and grant us peace in our day.'

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003

Reply via email to