Dear Friends, One of our national radio stations has just completed a fascinating exercise. They asked their listeners to vote for their top 10 favourite classical compositions of the 20th century. Then over the past few days we've been enjoying listening to the top 100 pieces played on air. Tonight was the final and the top 5 were performed live in Adelaide, South Australia by the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra. It has all been most enjoyable, educational and exhilarating.
I was thinking - a dangerous thing - could all of you who are interested send me their top 5 favourite pieces composed in the 20th century? It can all be as anonymous as you like. I'll analyse the results and let you know OUR top 10. Unfortunately I won't be able to play them for you. Oh by the way, classical can include opera, orchestra, choral, musical theatre etc. etc. Let's set a time limit of 5 days for entries, which will mean that entries close on Thursday December 8th at 11:59 p.m. Australian Eastern Summer Time. Once again, this could prove most interesting and you may well learn about pieces of which you've never heard previously. I'd better not tell you the Australian national winner as it could influence you, but I'm sure those of you who want to could easily find out with a bit of a search. I will only say that it was not one of my top 10 pieces. Have fun David in Ballarat, AUS To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line: unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to [email protected]. Photo site: http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003
