Hi all, THis has just come from Oz , but it
could well already be in use here.
How to Lock Your Car and Why
I locked my car. As I walked away I heard my car
door unlock. I went back and locked my car again three times.
Each time, as soon as I started to walk away, I
would hear it unlock again!! Naturally alarmed,
I looked around and there were two guys sitting
in a car next to the store. They were obviously
watching me intently, and there was no doubt
they were somehow involved in this very weird
situation. I quickly chucked the errand I was
on, jumped in my car and sped away. I went
straight to the police station, told them what
had happened, and found out I was part of a new,
and very successful, scheme being used to gain entry into cars.
Two weeks later, my friend's son had a similar
happening....While traveling, my friend's son
stopped at a roadside rest to use the
bathroom. When he came out to his car less than
4-5 minutes later, someone had gotten into his
car and stolen his mobile phone, laptop
computer, sat nav, briefcase......you name
it. He called the police and since there were
no signs of his car being broken into, the
police told him he had been a victim of the
latest robbery tactic there is a device that
robbers are using now to clone your security
code when you lock your doors on your car using your remote locking device.
They sit a distance away and watch for their
next victim. They know you are going inside of
the store, restaurant, or bathroom and that they
now have a few minutes to steal and run. The
police officer said to manually lock your car
with the key -- that way if there is someone
sitting in a parking lot watching for their next victim, it will not be you.
When you lock up with the key upon exiting, it
does not send the security code, but if you walk
away and use the remote button, it sends the
code through the airwaves where it can be instantly stolen.
This is very real.
Be wisely aware of what you just read and please
pass this note on. Look how many times we all
lock our doors with our remote just to be sure
we remembered to lock them -- and bingo, someone
has our code...and what ever was in our car.
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003/albums/most-recent