Hi All,  I just signed up for a daily weaving e-mail.  I was about to
unsubscribe until the last few days.  Today there was mention of the silk
dome at MIT.  They programed the computer to weave like a silk worm does
and then they put a bunch of silk worms on the dome and they finished the
job!  I found it quite interesting.

http://matter.media.mit.edu/environments/details/silk-pavillion#prettyPhoto

The other thing mentioned was the "Book of Clothes" by Matthaus Schwarz
(two dots over the "a" in Mathaus).  Either "Klaidungsbuchlein" or
"Trachtenbuch" is the real name of the book.  He lived from 1496 to 1574
and this book documents his clothes (and his naked body at the beginning).
 Quite interesting and something I'd never heard of before!

Jane in Vermont, USA where we are having a gorgeous day!!  Warm though so
I made some cookies yesterday before the heat arrived today...
[email protected]

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to