>>>
>>>
>>>The answer to a legal question …
>>>A young Law student, having failed his Law
>>>exam, goes up to his crusty old professor, who
>>>is renowned for his razor-sharp legal mind.
>>>Student: "Sir, do you really understand everything about this subject?"
>>>Professor: "Actually, I probably do. Otherwise
>>>I wouldn't be a professor, would I?"
>>>Student: "OK. So I'd like to ask you a
>>>question. If you can give me the correct
>>>answer, I will accept my marks as it is. If
>>>you can't give me the correct answer, however, you'll have to give me an
"A".
>>>Professor: "Hmmmm, alright. So what's the question?"
>>>Student: "What is legal but not logical,
>>>logical but not legal, and neither logical nor legal?
>>>The professor wracks his famous brain, but
>>>just can't crack the answer. Finally he gives
>>>up and changes the student's failing mark into
>>>an "A" as agreed, and the student goes away, very pleased.
>>>The professor continues to wrack his brain
>>>over the question all afternoon, but still
>>>can't get the answer. So finally he calls in a
>>>group of his brightest students and tells them
>>>he has a really, really tough question to
>>>answer: "What is legal but not logical,
>>>logical but not legal, and neither logical nor legal?
>>>To the professor's surprise (and
>>>embarrassment), all the students immediately raise their hands.
>>>"All right," says the professor and asks his favourite student to answer.
>>>"It's quite easy, sir," says the student. "You
>>>see, you are 75 years old and married to a 30
>>>year old woman, which is legal, but not
>>>logical. Your wife has a 22 year old lover,
>>>which is logical, but not legal. And your
>>>wife's lover failed his exam but you've just
>>>given him an "A", which is neither legal, nor logical."

David in Ballarat, AUS

>>>
>>>
>>
>>

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to