>
>Dear Friends,

>Don't know if any of you regularly watch TED
>talks.. I try to watch one a day – they're
>brilliant. You can subscribe to receive them
>daily. A different speaker every time, sometimes
>talking on a topic that is at the cutting edge
>of technology or sometimes just telling a
>miraculous story. Below is the one I got today – incredible.

This video clip is 19 minutes long but I bet
you'll want to watch it more than once!! As a
pianist myself, I find Derek's thought processes are beyond my comprehension.

I've put the link on facebook, but for those of
you who aren't on it, here's a tiny url:-

http://tinyurl.com/k7t5ahg

>Born three and a half months prematurely, Derek
>Paravicini is blind and has severe autism. But
>with perfect pitch, innate talent and a lot of
>practice, he became an acclaimed concert pianist
>by the age of 10. Here, his longtime piano
>teacher, Adam Ockelford, explains his student's
>unique relationship to music, while Paravicini
>shows how he has ripped up the "Chopsticks" rule book. (Filmed at
TEDxWarwick.)
>
>Pianist Derek Paravicini understands music
>systematically. Once a child prodigy, he's
>matured into a creative musician, able to reimagine songs in ways few can.
>
>A composer and music teacher who has long worked
>with children with special needs, Adam Ockelford
>is interested in the psychology of music.
David in Ballarat, AUS

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to