On 1/4/15 7:27 AM, David C COLLYER wrote:
. . . 40C becomes very wearying
I recall one summer at Purdue, in a dorm meant for winter use, when the temperature was 80F (26C). Not all that hot, but it never let up, day or night, for the entire summer session. I was jealous of the students from India; they looked so comfortable in their saris. Surprisingly, nuns who had more fabric in one hem than I had on my entire body also seemed to be comfortable.
That summer was the first time I ever left the house without a slip, and my skirts were *not* designed to be decent on their own. (Jeans were still for dirty work, and they are much hotter than skirts anyhow.)
40C on the other hand, would be wearing in about twenty seconds -- 104F is a high fever.
-- Joy Beeson http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/ http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/ west of Fort Wayne, Indiana, U.S.A. To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line: unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to [email protected]. Photo site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/
