On Wednesday, June 11, 2003, at 12:11 AM, Deborah wrote:

Anyway (she says, getting to the point) I want to make
a garter for my friend's wedding, so can anyone
suggest a suitable equivalent to 70 Egyptian white.
Pipers Silks threads would be ideal, if there is an
equivalent.

46 wraps/cm so Pipers spun silk 210/2.

The pattern is the garter on P40 of "Weddings,
Christenings and Anniversaries in Lace", and also
calls for four "single strands of Anchor Marlitt
blue". I presume this is some sort of stranded
embroidery thread (it's to be used as a gimp). Again,
if anyone can suggest alternatives, I'd be very
grateful.

Marlitt is a viscose rayon thread - a single strand measures 20 wraps/cm
Gutermann 40/3 spun silk = 20 wraps/cm
Pipers Twisted Gloss 50/3 = 21 wraps/cm
Pipers silk gimp 34/2  21 wraps/cm

Brenda

http://users.argonet.co.uk/users/paternoster/
Supporting the [EMAIL PROTECTED] campaign

unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED]