On Friday, Aug 1, 2003, at 22:57 US/Eastern, barbara pierpont wrote:

This ebay "toilet paper holder" thingy we've been discussing is for holding spools of thread horizontally. Can also hold the smaller crochet thread balls.

Yeah, I thought so too... You're supposed to keep your thread horizontally when winding bobbins... I don't, but that's because I haven't yet come accross the *perfect* "gizmo". This one -- depending on the size (thickness and length) of the rod -- might come close, though the wood pieces, in all probability, might need to be reversed to hold a crochet ball securely. And one of them might need to be removed entirely for a longer spool...

Of course, the *perfect* "gizmo" would work like a sewing machine one... no release nut to screw to hold the spool in place, just a padded "thingie" that fits tightly and works on friction.. Mmm... I'll have to think about rigging one up (don't do much sewing anymore; can "borrow" that part <g>)... After I come back from the Convention...

-----
Tamara P Duvall
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lexington, Virginia,  USA