Adele wrote:
>I suggested she call her work "experiments in multi-directional woven
structures"  I don't know if she has tried it yet, but I think lace
might be more respected with some such less feminine name. It's stupid,
but it's the way the world wags.>

Lacemaking is an off-loom weaving technique. When I tell weavers that, they
grasp the structure of lace immediately, that it uses a pair of "weft"
threads and that the weft is not restricted to horizontal,
selvedge-to-sevedge movements. Structurally, it's closer to complex (I mean
'complex' in the sense of multilayer structures, not in the sense of 'not
simple') weaving. Why not just make that aspect more prominent if lacemaking
is demonstrated beside weaving?

Avital