Thank you to the people who described a couple of weeks ago how to do sewings
with a Lazy Susan (sorry, I can't remember who it was).  My first attempt at
sewings, a couple of months ago, was deeply traumatic, as I was using a fine
crochet hook. I swore I'd never do sewings again.  But after reading your
advice, I got a Lazy Susan from Tim Parker, and tried it last night - success!
I haven't finished it yet, so I can't tell until I take the lace off the
pillow how neat it is, but at least I managed to get the blasted bobbin
threads through the loops without too much trauma!

I also bought a sewing-in hook from Tim Parker - has anyone tried this?  The
hook was much better at catching the thread than the crochet hook, but I
couldn't pull it back through the pinhole loop - it kept catching on the
pinhole thread.

Regards,
Annette in London