In a message dated 9/27/2003 1:28:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> There was an article about this lace in OIDFA within the last year or two.
>  The author could find very few examples of it, partially because some had
> burned  in the Windsor Castle fire. I looked it up in our catalogue in the
Met and
>  found a number of pieces that had been there since the early 1900's and
> wanted  to write to the author, but didn't have the address of the author.
So not
>  wishing to conduct an entire line of research to find the author, let it
> drop. I am a member of OIDFA, but I don't think I ever get a directory.

Lacemakers, irrespective of their nationality, become members of OIDFA by
paying a fee in the country in which they reside.  Some countries provide a
listing of the members in their country but most don't.  The US, in fact, has done
so in the past.
The only complete listing of names and addresses is held by the
organisation's General Treasurer.  It is she  who provides the information needed to
the
printer who sends out the Bulletin  that is received by all members.
The editor of the bulletin might have been able to forward information about
the lace at the Met if  Devon had sent it to her, but that would probably have
been a '"long shot".

Elaine Merritt
The Lace Museum
552 South Murphy Avenue