[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> The problem is with
> post going through an area where the postal workers are already on strike,
> like London. There's no telling what route a particular package will take,
> and it could be delayed or lost in transit. Central London post boxes have
> been sealed so that nothing can be posted there. Managers are trying to do
> the jobs the strikers would normally be doing, but I don't think I'll risk
> putting anything in the post or ordering anything to come by post until it's
> over.

Just a piece of info for any sending to the UK - Acton sorting office was one
of the first sorting offices to go on strike and this is and Ealing are where
most of the post to and from Heathrow comes into.  We, in South East London /
Surrey are still getting post - I got my Lace Guild magazine through on
Friday no problem but we haven't heard if international post is going out via
Gatwick.

The strike has spread up as far as Oxford and out as far east as Chelmsford.

That said, we got post from Norfolk and Suffolk on Saturday from things we
ordered off the internet late on Thursday.  However, central London has ceased
and the post boxes have now been sealed.

There is hope that they will solve this within the week but nothing is
promised.

Regards

Liz Beecher
I'm <A HREF="http://journals.aol.com/thelacebee/thelacebee";>blogging</A> now - see