Dear Sharon,
Has anyone tried this type of lace. I'm thinking of doing some for a
christening gown. The part that scares me, though, is that you put in the
ground after you make the motifs, thus joining them together. It seems to me
that it would be difficult to keep the ground looking even as you do this. Has
anyone done this, and is it hard to keep it even?

No it's not hard - just fiddly. My method was to finish all the various motifs and then tack them on to brown paper. That'll keep the little blighters in place. Then simply work around them, joining as you go in whatever ground you choose to use - the most common being a chain of 5 sts. with a picot half way along it.
Regards
David in Ballarat, Australia

Thank you,

Sharon in UT

- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]