Earlier this year, I received lots of help in learning to spangle bobbins.
The bobbins I have are heavier and thicker than the *usual* midland bobbins
but they were drilled for spangles and had been part of the wonderful stash
of lace supplies I bought so I got them all spangled. They do look pretty
clunky so I thought I should have some skinny Midland bobbins as well. I
still have a couple of pillows that don't have anything on them so.....

Recently I got to spend the morning at a lace day in Kent Washington and I
bought [among other things] some "fancy Midlands" unfinished bobbins. I
figured getting them spangled would be easy enough but now I need to finish
them first. I bought some water soluble acrylic paint with mixable colours
by "FolkArt".  I have tested the paints on a few pairs but then started to
wonder if I have the right kind of paints. What does everyone uses to paint
their bobbins?  I also bought some water soluble outdoor gloss sealer that I
thought I could put on after the paint dries. Have I just bought a bunch of
great paints to pass along to friend's little kids or are these suitable for
using on my bobbins?

Darlene Mulholland
www.darlenem.com

---