On Friday, Dec 12, 2003, at 23:11 US/Eastern, Sulochona Chaudhuri wrote:

. . The patterns are very pretty, though, and Tamara professed a liking for
"all things Lohr", and if I remember, it was her birthday coming up ( to
whatever base <g>) . . . .

All true, and I ain't telling the number <g>

Since the booklet has been mentioned, I wanted to ask what 13,5 and 14,5
(paar) meant . . .?? Thirteen and a half pairs of bobbins ?? Where does the
extra bobbin go ?

13 and a half pairs of bobbins is waht it says... :) But where the extra half pair goes, I have no clue; the diagrams aren't clear enough. In some laces, you'll have a "mixed" pair (one thick and one thin thread) in the head, to maintain a smooth but distinct line. But it's still a pair. Same's true about the mixed worker pair in some of the PG laces (like Polychrome), where one thread is a different colour than the rest. But you still hang in a *pair*, however "incompatible"... The only reason I can think of here is the peculiar way -- "on the go" -- of attaching the lace to the fabric. Perhaps the extra thread is used for that?

-----
Tamara P Duvall
Lexington, Virginia,  USA
Formerly of Warsaw, Poland