The December issue of "The Lacemaker" dropped through my letterbox this
morning.  Page 15 is an article, with photographs, with lace lamps.  The writer
talks about lace school lamps and goes on "However, the lacemaker on her own
would not have had such an elaborate piece of equipment, she is more likely to
have had one with a small water container on a stem, as shown in the
photographs."

There are 4 photographs with one looking like a wine shaped sundae dish -
i.e. wine shaped top on a stem which incorporates a wide flat base.  Another one
has a much larger bowl on a short stem and base and could be used as a vase,
as was suggested the recent item on ebay was.  As I don't browse on ebay I
don't know what the item revently discussed here looked like but I did woner if
the lacemaker's lamp part of the description wasn't so far out.  There are four
different styles illustrated and they all have a stem and base.

Patricia in Wales